In checking the news this morning, I bookmarked a number of pages related to money and borrowing. Their titles tell the story:
- The next bubble – government borrowing — John Redwood MP
- Money for Nothing — mises.org
- Can Friedman’s Money Rule Stabilize the Economy? — mises.org
- The Fed’s Prescription for Disaster — mises.org
- Fresh warning on banks’ capital — ft.com
I am not ready yet to draw conclusions but it feels like legislators, ministers and central bankers need to ask a few different questions about what to do next.