Highlights from the past week:
- On Monday, I attended the beginning of Armed Forces Week in Wycombe.
- Budget statement on Tuesday by the Chancellor. I spoke in the debate receiving a warm reception from Prof. Kevin Dowd on the Institute for Economic Affairs’ blog. The first Cobden Centre Austrian School Seminar began at the Institute of Economic Affairs.
- Wednesday saw a major post-budget event by the TaxPayers’ Alliance and the IEA, followed by lunch with Secretary of State for Health, Andrew Lansley, to discuss health reform and Wycombe Hospital.
- Writing for ConservativeHome on Thursday, I explained why economists disagree, why they are so often wrong and where economic thinking goes next. I followed this up on Saturday with some essential market analysis of the crisis from The Cobden Centre.
- On Thursday evening, I explained to like-minded comrades over dinner how we might deliver and entrench a new open society.
- On Friday, I visited the magnificent Skidz project, which delivers motor training for young people, before dropping in on the Schools Linking Network Celebration event at Adams Park. The evening was beautifully rounded off with a wonderful Patron’s summer party in Hambleden Valley.
- Yesterday, I visited Desborough Playden before enjoying Marlow Bottom’s Rose Carnival. I ended the day giving prizes to inspiring young people at the Muslim Education Centre on Totteridge Drive.
And all this reminds me: time to begin a new Google map for my work as MP…