In 2018, Conservatives in government cut taxes, invested in our public services and continued to back working people.
We have done this by:
1. Setting out how we will provide an extra £20.5 billion for the NHS by 2023-24 as part of our long- term plan for the NHS. We are providing £394 million extra a week for the NHS as part of a historic five-year budget settlement. This is an average real terms increase of 3.4 per cent a year to 2023-24. http://bit.ly/2RAPRgg
2. Cutting income tax for 32 million people helping them to keep more of what they earn. We are delivering on our manifesto commitment a year earlier raising the level of personal allowance to £12,500 a typical basic rate taxpayer will pay £1,205 less tax than in 2010. This will increase the number of tax payers taken out of income tax since 2015-16 to 1.74 million. http://bit.ly/2CPM5Hv
3. Increasing the National Living Wage further giving the lowest paid a pay rise. This will deliver a £690 annual pay rise to a full-time worker, taking the total annual pay rise since its introduction to £2,750. http://bit.ly/2CPM5Hv
4. Taking employment to a record high, and wages are rising at their fastest pace in a decade, meaning more people than ever before have the security of a regular pay packet. Employment is at a record high of 32.48 million and wages increased by 3.3 per cent meaning wages continue to rise faster than prices. http://bit.ly/2Avtvmu
5. Freezing fuel duty for the ninth year in a row, putting more money in the pockets of hard working people. Fuel duty has been frozen since 2010-11, saving the average car driver £1,000 by 2020. http://bit.ly/2CPM5Hv
6. Introducing a cap on energy tariffs and ending rip-off energy prices for millions of families this winter. Ofgem will set a cap on the Standard Variable Tariffs protecting up to 11 million households. The cap will tackle the amount consumers have been overpaying, which the Competition and Markets Authority found to be £1.4 billion a year. http://bit.ly/2F7JDxu
7. Announcing the biggest package of workplace reforms for 20 years to ensure that workers’ rights keep pace with the changing world of work. Our new reforms will ensure that workers aren’t left behind, ensuring that everyone has the right to fair and decent work. http://bit.ly/2QjKZHu
8. Delivering more than 222,000 new homes – the highest in all but one of the last 31 years, helping to fix the broken housing market and helping people onto the housing ladder. This builds on our strong record, delivering more than 1.3 million new homes since April 2010. http://bit.ly/2F4S65v
9. Announcing the biggest ever single cash injection to improve England’s roads helping people to get to where they need to be. We will allocate £28.8 billion to the National Roads Fund from 2020-25, improving journeys for businesses and families. http://bit.ly/2CPM5Hv
10. Set out our 25 Year Environment plan to protect the environment for future generations. Our 25 Year Environment Plan sets out how we will tackle the scourge of plastic, deliver cleaner air and water and use the opportunity Brexit provides to develop our own agricultural and fisheries policies. http://bit.ly/2CNLjuq
We will continue to address the other issues that matter to people, acting for the whole country.
Please join the Conservatives here: