I am extremely grateful for the exceptional efforts that teachers, headteachers and other school staff are making to support their pupils during this uniquely challenging period. I was very pleased to see that the Government has announced a package of support, including additional funding and high-quality resources, to help schools deal with the challenges posed by coronavirus.
While teachers, pupils and parents would normally be beginning the Easter break, the coronavirus pandemic means that where possible, schools will continue to care for vulnerable children and those of critical workers.
The Governments new guidance can be see below.
It includes information about:
- educational provision for vulnerable children and children of key workers
- the closure of educational settings
- free school meals arrangements
- the cancellation of GCSEs, AS and A levels
- travel guidance for educational settings
- social distancing in education and childcare settings
- financial support for schools
- online education resources
See more here: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-schools-and-other-educational-settings?utm_source=9da6d94e-c83e-473d-a6a6-4c0a617aa2d8&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate
New guidance from the Government sets out the financial support the Department for Education will put in place to ensure schools can focus on the vital role they are playing at this time. While the Government does not know how long the current situation will continue, this guidance covers support for schools up to the end of the 2019 to 2020 summer term.