Here’s what I’ve been up to this week #Working4Wycombe:
- Successfully argued, alongside Wycombe Homeless Connection, for Local Housing Allowance rates to be raised – as announced in the Autumn Budget – to support private renters on the lowest incomes.
- Celebrated the 44th anniversary of the independence of St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Congratulated Tylers Green Middle School on being shortlisted for the Best Travel Wise Week Campaign, for their video highlighting the dangers of speeding cars.
- Met with the team at Scouts UK to discuss their successes and how to further increase their volunteer numbers.
- My office attended the High Sheriff of Buckinghamshire’s round table to listen to experiences of how violence against women and children is handled by the justice system.
- As ever, pursued a range of issues and made ministerial representations, for local people and businesses in Wycombe.