And l wish him well in his new career, provided it is not as a commentator. See also:
- Dominic Grieve MP: Sir Ian Blair’s resignation “the right decision”
- Mark Field MP on ConservativeHome.
- The Times: Boris Johnson forces Sir Ian Blair to quit as police chief
Sir Ian is entitled to a full police pension. On the commissioner’s £240,000 salary that is estimated to be worth about £160,000 per year.
- The Telegraph: Met police chief Sir Ian Blair forced out by mayor Boris Johnson
- The Guardian: Sir Ian Blair resigns as Met police commissioner
- Dan Hannan: Good riddance, Sir Ian Blair